Coil Winding Specialist
In today's world, there is an increasing demand for miniaturized and microscopic parts for components, such as sensors and transducers. Such components are often used in the manufacture of state-of-the-art micro-motion control and positioning systems. Many of these tiny components require miniaturized coils, but building such coils requires connecting ultra-fine wires which present serious manufacturing difficulties.
In addition, winding microscopic coils with ultra-fine wire is a non-trivial challenge, especially if the expected size or shape of the coil is constrained by a long list of physical and environmental factors. Coils may also have to meet ultra-strict tolerance requirements.
All this means that traditional coil winding techniques are not enough. Companies that have produced regular coils in the past rarely have the technology or manufacturing processes that allow them to produce coils small enough to satisfy current requirements. For this reason, if you need specialized micro coils, you should at least consult with a specialist micro coil manufacturer such as Benatav.
Benatav Develops State-of-the-art Coil Production Techniques
To overcome the various problems presented when manufacturing miniaturized coils, Benatav has spent over 20 years developing the necessary techniques and processes which allow us to produce such coils at very competitive rates.
As mentioned above, one of the problems encountered when producing miniature coils is leaving the insulation layer that covers the conducting wire unharmed undamaged due to ultra-fine tooling sets.
Another major problem is the difficulty in joining the ultra-fine wires that are used to wind the coils.
The ultimate answer to these connectivity challenges was found in the form of an innovative, thermo-pressure bonding technology refined by Benatav to meet the standards of the ultra-fine wire field. Our unique thermo-compression process allows us to join ultra-fine wires which may be as small as 9 microns, (0.00035" 8–10 times thinner than a human hair).
Advantages of Micro Compression Bonding
Advantages of micro compression bonding include:
- Reduced noise levels
- Strain relief at connections
- Safer production process. No risk of damaging sensitive components
- Highly reliable connection—no oxidization
- Lower production costs—using mass production (compared to alternatives)
- Robust, automated manufacturing process—eliminates human error caused by skill levels and worker experience
Examples of Connections
Thermo-pressure bonding can connect:
- Miniature copper thermocouples to ultra-fine wires
- Metal to metal connections of micro-coils to a printed circuit board using thicker intermediate wires
- Micro coils to a support system using metal-plated terminals
The molecular connections formed by this thermo-pressure bonding technology provide highly reliable, corrosion-free, and strain-free joins. The process is also more economical than traditional soldering or welding, which lowers manufacturing costs. We have tested thermo-pressure bonding extensively in a wide variety of customer environments and implemented in several production processes. The process has also proven suitable for both disposable and long-life products, for example, permanent implants.
Benatav – The Specialist Coil Manufacturer
Whatever your micro coil requirements, due to our extensive specialist experience in micro coil technology, chances are that we have already solved any issues that may prevent us from producing your coils at highly competitive rates.
The following is a list of some applications that benefit from micro coil and ultra-fine wire connectivity technology:
- Active implants—monitoring or control of implanted pace-makers, or deep brain stimulation components, for example, pain management devices
- Therapeutic applications—devices in electrophysiology treatments, (cardiac or neural), or electricity-based ablations, (microwave and RF)
- Navigation and orientation sensors—targeted drug delivery, targeted radiation catheters, stent positioning, highly accurate ablations, implanted markers, and endoscopic manipulation
- Orthopedic and dental treatment using pulsed electromagnets
- Diagnostic—wireless communication with miniature sensor implants, whether physiological (blood pressure or heartbeat), or flow (blood or respiration)
Speak to us regarding your micro coil requirements
Benatav's specialist technologies open up a limitless range of new possibilities to designers of miniaturized medical equipment and other industries.
Find out about the benefits gained using Benatav's thermo-pressure technology to mass-produce high-quality, miniature coils at a reasonable cost. As designers become more aware of our thermo-compression bonding, we foresee that the variety of applications of its use will become increasingly widespread.
Call Benatav on +972-3-9345951 to discuss how our unique technologies can benefit your business. You can also contact us via this contact form.