Custom Coil Winding
Today, the manufacture of coils requires a special approach both to the design of the product and its development in terms of production. This is due to the need of unique devices and applications, and their designs require certain features, including custom coil winding.
Scope of Coil Application
Nowadays, there are a huge number of devices that are equipped with coils. They are used as follows:
- In invasive medical devices of different types, such as miniature implants, sensors, end devices in electrophysiological treatments and in electricity-based ablations, etc. To learn more, visit our Micro Coils for Medical Devices page
- In different types of transformers ― grid transformers, current transformers, low voltage/high frequency and high voltage/high frequency transformers, chokes, etc.
- In toroids for a wide range of applications , from noise reduction to filtering, including toroids
pre-installed on dedicated mounts for fast and reliable PCB assembly;
- In scientific/laboratory equipment and during experiments;
- In measurement instrumentation;
- Upon implementing the function of induction heating;
- In applications requiring electromagnetic pulses.
Given this demand, manufacturing custom-built coils requires a comprehensive approach to creating specific models. This holds particularly true for solutions used in medical devices, scientific activity, or precision instruments. Therefore, such work should be done only by experienced professionals.
Basically, it's the shape that makes differences between coils. They can be round, rectangular, or elliptic, and need to be built according to pre-determined specifications. Some coils are wound with cores while others are coreless, and this must also be taken into account.
The winding can be either single-layer (ordinary or in increments), or multi-layer (double layers or more). In terms of the number of wound wires, coils are divided into two types ― ordinary and bifilar. Bifilar is a coil wound with two parallel wires located next to each other on the same core and isolated from each other throughout the winding.
For any coil, both the inner and external dimensions are essential, so maintaining precise dimensions is critical. There are coils limited to the width of 0.8 mm that have 400 windings of ultra-fine wire, down to the finest serially manufactured size of 8 microns (0.08 mm, or 60 AWG), which is 5 to 12 times thinner than a human hair. Such small coils can be produced only with our proprietary equipment while for manufacturing coils of bigger sizes, standard machinery existing in the market can be used.
Best in the Field
Custom coil winding requires not only the availability of special equipment, but also the skill and knowledge of its application. Providing such services, Benatav relies on both modern machines and the best technological approach.
To learn more about Benatav's coil winding technology, read our White Paper.
Advantages of the company as a provider of custom coil winding include:
- the availability of high-notch technological equipment;
- professional employees with many years of experience in the industry;
- the creation of frames of various shapes;
- winding coils of a unique type;
- high speed order fulfillment;
- quality assurance.
Benatav is engaged in the manufacturing coils of various types and purposes. We use technological equipment that allows us to obtain high quality custom-made coil winding in the least amount of time possible. That is why customers come to us both with unique, individual orders and serial products.
The quality assurance program is an integral part of the manufacturing process. It is implemented to ensure and demonstrate that Benatav's products meet the standards demanded to satisfy its customers' demands and expectations.