One of the company’s flagship achievements is the design and manufacture of a high-performance inductor for solar inverters.
The design is based on proprietary technologies, some of them patent pending, for building the inductor’s physical structure, as well as for its coil winding.
This breakthrough design was achieved thanks to two patent-pending proprietary technologies:
- The use of rectangular wire instead of the standard Litz-wire, coupled with the ability to wind multiple wires simultaneously in an horizontal orientation (unlike the legacy vertical winding orientation). Next Generation Inductor for solar inverters, designed and manufactured based on patent-pending new winding technology. Its unique design results in >90% fill factor, dramatically lower DC resistance and 30% smaller form factor – relative to traditional Litz-wire inductor with comparable performance
- Employing proprietary design practices that include a novel arrangement of the ferrites in the core, and the use of non-crystalline insulation materials
The unique design of the inductors results in:
- Unsurpassed performance in an ultra-compact encasement
- Unprecedented fill factor (90% vs. 40% in standard design)
- Elimination of the skin factor
- Lower DCR (60% less than typical Litz-wire designs)
- Lower capacitance – resulting in reduced RFI noise
- minimized circulating currents
- Low overall production cost
- High reliability